Friday 1 June 2012

Mosquitoes: To Kill Or Not To Kill

Mosquitoes were supposed to be gone by summer. Our dear unwelcome guests have unfortunately extended their stay. We are in the month of June and I still have two annoying mosquitoes hovering above my head just waiting for an opportunity to suck on my precious blood.

I watch them “chilling” on my hand and I try to make a swift ninja-type move hoping to successfully squat them and FAIL.
I feel like a loser. I can’t even kill a mosquito. One time, I tried to squash one between my palms and it flew away alive. I’m sure even a five year old could do better than that.



Life would have been so much easier if mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood.

I am back to staring at my computer screen now and they still wont let me live in peace. Mosquito #1 is still desperately trying to settle on my arm while Mosquito #2 is making that exasperating buzzing sound near my ears. Oh that sound, it makes me want to pull my eardrums out.



It still amuses me that the mosquitoes that sting are female. To all the men out there, a mosquito buzzing and a woman nagging may sound pretty much the same. In our defense, the male mosquitoes lie around doing nothing except, well, mate ;) 


One of my handiest purchases last winter was the mosquito electrocution racket. A single movement of the wrist and you have the joy of watching those bothersome, bloodsucking little devils burn to death. Also, because of its tennis racket façade, one gets the cheap thrill of jumping and electrocuting mosquitoes and then feeling like Roger Federer. However, the racket is beyond my arm’s reach right now and I am too lazy to get up and go get it. So I decide to kill them myself. 


I know I may sound like a sadist but I honestly believe mosquitoes are Satan in insect form and if we don’t annihilate them now, they are a potential threat to human kind.

Exaggeration? So it may seem but no, mosquitoes have wrecked my sleep countless number of times and I have spent several days being sleep-deprived looking like a zombie. No sleep=No energy to do anything= No success= Ruined Life.



I have an unspoken agreement with insects around here. You fly around, do nothing to me, I will not bother you. But if you exploit your freedom and irritate me, little daredevil, you have to go.


My last drop of humanity just evaporated. Mosquito Slayer Mode: ON.

I don't want to seem like a brutal murderer so I try to convince myself that I am a part of nature and I am genetically programmed to defend myself against something that is trying to feed on me. 





Bottom Line: Kill Mosquitoes
They’re so annoying i’m sure even Mother Nature thinks it’s alright to kill 

them.






Join the group and keep yourself updated athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/190494541073574/

If you like our post do like our page on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/ShenoyandShenoy




No comments:

Post a Comment